With funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the American University of Armenia (AUA), the DRR National Platform Foundation is launching an 11-month project “Support to control COVID-19 and other infectious diseases outbreaks in Armenia”, which aims to increase the level of resistance and preparedness of the enlarged communities of Chambarak and Areni to the risk of natural disasters, including outbreaks of coronavirus and other infectious diseases, and also in connection with emergency situations of concern from the point of view of public health.
The project provides:
• Evaluate the risks, vulnerability level and capabilities of target communities using LLRM methodology and applying GIS platform.
• Develop disaster risk management (DRM) plans for target communities (including health facilities, schools and kindergartens), including an epidemic prevention, public health and emergency response component.
• Form Rapid Response Teams (RRT).
• Conduct courses and trainings to improve emergency response capacities.
During the project implementation, the DRR National Platform Foundation (ARNAP) will cooperate with:
• the RA Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES),
• the National Center for Disease Control (NCDC),
• the Crisis Management State Academy (CMSA),
• target communities’ local government and NGO’s,
• organizations implementing the project in other target communities,