On December 22, a seminar on ,,Disaster Risk Management and Child-Centered Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)” was held in Crisis Management State Academy. The seminar was for DRR team of Yerevan city.
The seminar was carried out by Save the Children organization jointly with DRR NP Foundation and RA Ministry of Emergency Situations.
The aim of the seminar was to promote DRR capacity building of specialists and leaders and contribute the introduction of DRR component in Yerevan city development processes.
The seminar was carried out within the frame of ,,Strengthening Resilience through Child-Centered DRR in the South Caucasus”, which was funded by the Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (DG ECHO).
The following topics were introduced:
• DRR National Platform
• Education on Disaster Risk Reduction,
• Disaster Risk Management strategy,
• DRR introduction in development programs,
• Making cities resilient global campaign,
• Action Plan on the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030,
• Educational Institutions’ Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Situation Action Plan,
• Child-Centered DRM․
The seminar was attended by the employees of Yerevan Municipality, who are the members of Yerevan city DRR team, representatives from DRR National Platform Foundation, Save the Children, MES of RA and UNDP.
You can view the photos by following arnap.am link.